- Published: Thursday, August 27, 2015 12:13 PM
TAYLORVILLE – Working to bring state services and free health screenings to seniors in Taylorville, State Senator Andy Manar (D–Bunker Hill) and Representative Sue Scherer (D-Decatur) will host a senior resource fair from 10 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, Sept. 9, at Christian County Senior Citizens.
“This is an opportunity to have service providers answer your questions, get information about programs and receive free health screenings. This brings state, local and private providers together in one location,” Manar said.
“I encourage area seniors to take some time out of your day for a convenient one-stop-shop,” said Scherer. “It’s important to me that seniors have access to resources to help them stay in their homes, stay healthy and be safe, without adding costs.”
This is the third year Manar has hosted senior fairs throughout the district. It is free and open to the public.
This year’s fair features:
• Information on senior programming and benefits from AARP, the Area Agency on Aging for Lincolnland and the Christian County Department of Public Health
• Free health screenings, including blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes provided by area hospitals and senior health organizations
• Get information concerning seniors from the Secretary of State’s office
• The Illinois State Treasurer’s I-Cash program to check for unclaimed property and assets
• Information from the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs
10 a.m. to noon
Wednesday, Sept. 9
Christian county Senior Citizens
701 W. Adams St., Taylorville