- Published: Thursday, September 10, 2015 02:50 PM
DECATUR – Working to bring state services and free health screenings to seniors in Decatur, State Senator Andy Manar (D–Bunker Hill) and Representative Sue Scherer (D-Decatur) will host a senior resource fair from 10 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, Sept. 16, at Decatur Macon County Senior Center.
“This is an opportunity to have service providers answer your questions, get information about programs and receive free health screenings. This brings state, local and private providers together in one location,” Manar said.
“I encourage area seniors to take some time out of your day for a convenient one-stop-shop,” said Scherer. “It’s important to me that seniors have access to resources to help them stay in their homes, stay healthy and be safe, without adding costs.”
This is the third year Manar has hosted senior fairs throughout the district. It is free and open to the public.
This year’s fair features:
• Receive free health screenings from area hospitals for blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose and pulmonary testing
• Learn about community services and programs from AARP, East Central Illinois Area Agency on Aging and the Macon County Health Department
• Get information concerning seniors from the Secretary of State’s office
• The Illinois State Treasurer’s I-Cash program to check for unclaimed property and assets
• Information from the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs
10 a.m. to noon
Wednesday, Sept. 16
Decatur Macon County Senior Center
1430 N. 22nd St., Decatur