- Published: Thursday, September 10, 2015 04:33 PM
BENLD – Working to bring state services and free health screenings to seniors, State Senator Andy Manar (D–Bunker Hill) will host a senior resource fair for Macoupin and Montgomery county communities from 10 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, Sept. 23, at the Benld Civic Center.
“This is an opportunity to have service providers answer your questions, get information about programs and receive free health screenings. This brings state, local and private providers together in one location,” Manar said.
This is the third year Manar has hosted senior fairs throughout the district. It is free and open to the public.
At this year’s fair seniors can:
• Get information on senior programming and benefits from AARP, the Area Agency on Aging for Lincolnland and the Macoupin County Public Health Department
• Renew, update or replace a driver’s license or state ID at the Secretary of State’s Mobile DMV
• Receive free cancer screenings, blood pressure checks, cholesterol tests and other screenings offered by providers. The MCPHD is also offering A1C diabetes screenings for $20.
• The Illinois State Treasurer’s I-Cash program to check for unclaimed property and assets
• Information from the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs and the Macoupin County Veterans Assistance Commission
10 a.m. to noon
Wednesday, Sept. 23
Benld Civic Center
201 E. Center Ave., Benld