- Published: Friday, July 19, 2013 10:55 AM
SPRINGFIELD – State Senator Andy Manar (D–Bunker Hill) continues to travel across the 48th District this summer, hosting meetings to discuss state issues with constituents as part of his “Capitol on your Corner” program.
“After wrapping up the spring legislative session in Springfield, I think it is important to spend time with folks from all over the 48th District to hear what’s on their minds and to help me set an agenda for the next legislative session,” said Manar. “I invite everyone to come out and let me know their thoughts on what I should be working on.”
Manar says that direct accountability through meetings in communities across the district is important from small towns to urban neighborhoods that he represents.
The “Capitol on your Corner” summer schedule is as follows:
• Springfield: July 22 from 6-8 pm at Southeast High School
• Stonington: July 24 from 6-8 pm at Stonington Firehouse
• Carlinville: July 25 from 6-8 pm at Lewis & Clark Carlinville Campus
• Brighton: August 15 from 6-8 pm at Brighton Village Hall
• Kincaid: August 29 from 6-8 pm at South Fork Township Office
• Morrisonville: September 5 from 6-8 pm at City Hall
• Witt: September 19 from 6-8 pm, Location TBD
Keep an eye on www.SenatorAndyManar.com or subscribe to Senator Manar’s e-newsletter for more details. If you’re unable to attend a meeting, you can still share your thoughts with Senator Manar by visiting his website.
Manar began hosting “Capitol on your Corner” events back in March, and looks forward to continuing the program throughout the summer and fall.